Saturday, June 30, 2007

Cooking fast...

You can cook in less time than you take to reach a restaurant. I've long
believed it, and I decided to time myself today. This week has been
parotta week and I'm thrilled that I've cracked the parotta problem -
how to make flaky parottas at home, without any manual skill. So I
decided to make parotta and kuruma.

Ready, set go !

Heat a skillet, pour some oil. Chop onions tomatoes, crush garlic, cut
up ginger. Add cumin and nigella to kadai. Add onions, tomatoes.
Total time elapsed : 4 minutes.

Add some boiled dal, salt, chili powder, turmeric powder and garam
masala. Let simmer for a couple of minutes :
Total time elapsed : 10 minutes.

Kneading half a kg of atta takes 5 minutes and half a kg of maida takes
4 minutes.

Half a kg is enough to make six large parottas. You can live on half a
kg of flour for 2 days.

I estimate rolling out the parottas and cooking them might take 5
minutes. So there you go - in less than 20 minutes you can have steaming
hot flaky parottas and lovely kuruma cooked up !

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home